Get your crunchy snack fix with these Crisp Kale Chips. Kale chips are a great low-carb snack between meals. They are super simple to make and you can experiment with your own favorite combination of spices such as cumin and turmeric.
Crisp Kale Chips
These disappear quickly in my house. They're super simple to make, and are a great substitute for chips and other carb-heavy crunchy snacks. You can prepare them with oil and salt, or add a kick with cumin and turmeric.
- 1 Large head kale (about 4 cups) stalks removed, leaves cut into large pieces
- 2 tbsp melted organic virgin coconut oil
- Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt
- Ground cumin
- Turmeric or curry powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4)
- In a large bowl, coat the kale with coconut oil. Lay the kale pieces on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle to taste with salt, cumin, and turmeric or curry powder (if using).
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the kale starts to turn crispy. Be careful not to burn. Remove from oven and serve.v