Raw "Pasta" Salad
This is a refreshing way to serve zucchini and yellow squash and it can make an excellent alternative to the traditional carb-heavy pasta salad. Using a spiralizer makes this quick and easy. My children love to help prepare this one, and I think it's fun to eat as well!
- 2 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2 medium yellow squash, spiralized
- 2 tbsp raw organic pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, squash, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, basil, dill, parsley, and cider vinegar. Mix together well and season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until cold and serve.
Recipe Note: If you don't have a spiralizer, use a mandoline or vegetable peeler to create spaghetti-like ribbons, or slice the vegetables very thin.