Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
Bring in the fall flavors of pumpkin, cinnamon, and ginger in the form of a nourishing smoothie. Pumpkin is rich in the antioxidant beta carotene, cinnamon helps balance blood sugar, and ginger aids digestion. The perfect combination for a fall reset!
- 1 blender
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin pure
- 1 cup organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk or hazelnut milk
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)
- 1 tbsp almond butter or 1/4 cup raw almonds, soaked
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp peeled and grated fresh ginger, or dried ginger
- 2 pitted Medjool dates, soaked for 10 minutes in hot water to soften for easier blending (soaking optional)
- In a blender, combine the pumpkin puree, milk, ice (if using), almond butter, cinnamon, ginger, and dates, and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
Tip for a thicker consistency: Freeze half of the almond milk into ice cubes before blending. If choosing this option, eliminate ice cubes from the ingredients.