A cross between broccoli and kale, broccolini is almost akin to a young broccoli. Because this nutritious veggie is in the brassica family, it's a cleansing food and best served steamed. Serve this warm or cold with the tasty dressing.
- 2 bunches broccolini, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tbsp or up to 1/4 cup cooked quinoa (optional for texture)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp filtered water
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt or Celtic sea salt (or more to taste)
To make the salad:
- Steam the broccolini for 2 to 6 minutes until tender but still bright green. Remove from the steamer and place in cold water to stop the cooking. Remove, pat dry, and place in a large bowl.Add the cherries (if using), scallions, quinoa (if using), and tarragon; toss to combine.
To make the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, water, garlic, sesame seeds, ginger, cumin, and salt. Pour as much dressing over the salad as you like, and toss to coat. Serve warm or cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!