Black Bean and Swiss Chard Soup
Warming cayenne and paprika give this soup extra heat to keep you toasty through the wintertime. The high fiber and antioxidant content help support hormonal harmony.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable or free-range chicken broth
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 15 ounce can or 2 cups cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chopped Swiss chard
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the broth, parsley, oregano, cayenne, paprika, salt, and beans, and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the chard and continue simmering for 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as needed.