Creamy Cilantro Green Pea Soup
The vibrant green color and crisp flavors of this creamy pea soup has cilantro, which adds extra vitamin C to energize your body for spring.
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 cups frozen or fresh green peas
- 1 cup peeled and diced new potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and saute the green onions until soft, a minute or so. Add the vegetable stock, peas, potatoes, cashew milk, and salt, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes and peas are soft. Remove from the heat and add the cilantro and pepper. Working in batches, transfer the soup into the carafe of a blender and process the mixture until smooth. Serve warm or cold.