Creamy Artichoke Soup
Artichokes are rich in fiber and micronutrients like folate and vitamins A, C, and K. This creamy delicious soup is gluten and dairy-free and is packed full of antioxidants for glowing skin. Enjoy it warm in early spring and chilled in late spring.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 count garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups organic free-range chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 can artichokes in water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- 2 tsp chopped thyme
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup scallions, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for another minute.
- Add the broth, artichokes, almond milk, and salt, and bring just to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered until the cauliflower is tender.
- Turn off the heat and stir in spinach and thyme as you allow the soup to cool slightly.
- Pour the soup into a blender or food processor and puree on high for 60 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into bowls and top with scallions and fresh ground pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!